[Biopython-dev] Bio.NetCatch, Bio.FilteredReader and Bio.File.SGMLHandle

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 09:17:15 EST 2009

Hello all,

Earlier this month over on the main discussion list Michiel suggested
we start the deprecation process for the Bio.NetCatch and
Bio.FilteredReader modules and Bio.File.SGMLHandle class.

We didn't have any response, so I have just updated the docstrings and
the DEPRECATED file in CVS to declare them obsolete, stating that in a
subsequent release they will be deprecated, and later removed.

If anyone wants to, we could probably go with an immediate deprecation
of these (plus also Bio.EZRetrieve), but I see no reason to hurry.